Bolle Italia – Italian Sparkling Wine Festival To Arrive In Sydney
A world of Italian Sparkling wine and food to pop open in in October
On Sunday 9th October and Monday 10th October in Sydney, Australians can pop their corks with the arrival of Bolle Italia: the first two-day wine tasting event of its kind, entirely dedicated to world-class Italian sparkling wines from Friuli to Sicily, Piedmont to Sardinia.
During the two-day sparkling wine celebration held in Rushcutters Bay at the newly refurbished event space and Italian establishment, Bar Machiavelli – an assembly of Italian winemakers and importers will showcase over 100 quality wines that perfectly reflect each Italian regions distinct terrain, delivering a unique aroma and array of flavours in every drop.
At Bolle Italia’s public wine tasting event, sparkling wine enthusiasts will taste over 100 world-class sparkling wines, and feast on a specially designed bar menu bursting with authentic Italian flavours. Tickets will also be available for master classes with top sommeliers, where Australians can learn everything there is to know about sparkling Italian wine, region by region.
Celebrating quality Italian sparkling wine, food and music in an incomparable setting, the festival will conclude with Bolle Italia Degustazione – an exclusive six-course, 140-person dinner, part of 2016’s Good Food Month lineup. Inspired by the contrast of Italian viniculture, eleven of the best sparkling Italian wines will be complemented by a regional Italian degustation menu, exclusively designed for Bolle Italia by Bar Machiavelli’s owner and chef, Paola Toppi.
The creative duo behind Bolle Italia – Italian sparkling wine importers, Heath Felton and Marco Zaccariotto – conceived and produced the two-day celebration dedicated to Italian sparkling wine, as demand is growing fast, but feedback from clients revealed Australians aren’t aware of what they could be looking for, beyond Prosecco.
Bolle Italia founder and owner of Global Grapevine – one of Australia’s leading fine wine importers – Heath Felton said, “In recent years the number of Australians drinking sparkling wine has increased, with the demand continuing to rise. However, over the past few decades, their exposure to Italian-style sparkling wine has been limited, and the produce was of poorer quality. This is not the case now, and the Bolle Italia wine festival will give Australians the rare opportunity to taste quality Italian sparkling wines coming into the market, and learn how to recognise the difference,” said Felton.
Sunday 9th October – Bolle Italia Italian Sparkling Wine Tasting from 10:30 am – 5:30 pm
- Finish off the weekend in style with an unlimited wine tasting showcase at Bolle Italia $33pp, featuring over 100 quality Italian sparkling wines from all regions of Italy
- A special bar menu from Bar Machiavelli’s Paola Toppi, featuring ingredients chosen to complement the Italian sparkling wines perfectly
- Integral to Italy, authentic live music will be played and performed
Sunday 9th October – Bolle Italia Italian Sparkling Wine Master Classes from 11am
Master classes will teach wine enthusiasts about different Italian grape varieties at $27.50pp
Hosted by two of Sydney’s most respected Sommeliers and Wine Importers, a selection of regional master classes will run as follows:
11:00-11:45 – Prosecco: Veneto & Friuli Uncovered
12:15-13:00 – Spumante from the Heart of the Mediterranean: Sicily, Sardinia & Campania
13:30-14:15 – Franciacorta: Classic grapes, Italian Terroir
14:45-15:30 – La Dolce Vita: Moscato & all the Sweet Stuff
16:15-17:00 – Lambrusco: And you thought you knew what it was? Emilia-Romagna at its best
Monday 10th October – Bolle Italia Degustazione Dinner 7:30 pm – 11:30 pm
- Bar Machiavelli will play host to an exclusive six-course Bolle Italia Degustazione dinner for 140 people at $145pp
- Curated by Bar Machiavelli’s owner and chef, Paola Toppi the menu will include items such as white truffle and osso buco risotto, and deboned quail stuffed with foie gras, porcini mushroom & capsicum, and the feast will complement world-class wines from key regions, including Sicily, Veneto, Sardegna & Campania, Lombardia & Trentino, Emilia-Romagna, Piedmont & Friuli
- Italian opera singers and musicians will play live music and create authentic atmosphere on the evening
Tickets to the Bolle Italia Italian sparkling wine tasting event are available at www.bolleitalia.com.au, $33pp.
Tickets to the Bolle Italia Degustazione dinner are available at www.bolleitalia.com.au, $145pp.